Skip to main content

Writer's Interview #7


-- Quote of the Day --

“Being an author (who’s joined writer’s organizations), there is so much information – so much to weave through and trying to find out what is right. …So being a part of these organizations they help to weave through the information, find the right information, being able to network with their members and gain marketing tips from them – it is very helpful. …I also belonged to a local writer’s group really helped me in that it gave me the courage to write my first book.” ~
~ Barbara Techel


Today's quote was derived from the Conscious Discussions interview with Barbara on March 9th... Titled: Animal Therapists - where she discussed her volunteer work using her disabled dog to help others. *Check out the interview by clicking on the hyper-links above.


-- Writer Interview #7 --

April 21 - Margaret West is here today to share here experiences in the world of writing within the paranormal, romance genres. A professional UK-based writer for over 20 years, shehas numerous short stories, novels and articles published to date. She likes nothing more then to sit with a good book int he quiet realms of the countryside, with her dogs. Find Margaret at: www.margaret-west.com

Q: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

A: It was when I began working for Eon Productions – The James Bond film producers. They wrote scripts. I wanted to write a book!

Q: How long does it take you to write a book?

A: That depends. I work full time; so probably about four or five months if I’m lucky.

Q: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

A: If I’m home all day, I’ll lock myself away in the office and trap away from nine until I drop! lol On working days its usually a few hours in the evening.

Q: What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

A: My quirk... Mmm that’s a hard one. My husband days when I’m writing I’m oblivious to what’s happening around me. No one can talk to me, or get much more than a grunt in response. Maybe that’s my quirk!

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

A: I have so little time for hobbies. But I am a working Medium, Crystal Therapist and a Psychic Development teacher. So that keeps me very busy when the computer is silent!!

Q: What does your family think of your writing?

A: My family has never read my books! - lol - My husband always buys one and wraps it in cellophane, saying one day I’ll be famous and they’ll be worth a fortune. But they are all supportive in their own way!

Q: Do you have any suggestions to help others become a better writer?

A: Always, always ask advice from published authors. Read tons of literature on writing and never get complacent that your work is just ‘okay’. It has to be fabulous and stand out from all the rest.


Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca


Comments

  1. Nice interview, Margaret. Your advice at the end is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview ladies! I'm the same way when I'm writing, Margaret. Interruptions throw off the flow. :) Best of luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet