Skip to main content

Supporting Poets in July...



-- Quote of the Day -- 

"My future starts
When I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something 
Creative to do with my life."

~ Miles Davis 



Poetry For Significant Other...


July is Buy Poetry for Your Lover Month (or significant other)... This is the time to purchase a book or chapbook of poetry for someone you love - it can be anyone, your secretary, your parent or child, your lover, your friend.  This day is set aside in an effort to support writers in the poetry genre.


Feel free to drop by my site to check out Towards Understanding, my book of poetry, and some excerpted poems on the site.


Here's an opportunity for poets to get some exposure for this significant writers holiday, but it must be taken advantage of before July 1st:
Jack Huber has offered to provide links via his social media networks for sites selling poetry and art in celebration of Buy Poetry for Your Lover Month. His efforts will be focusing on using FaceBook.com and GotPoetry.com - and he is inviting other poets to send him a link, which Jack will include in his promotion efforts during July.


Please feel free to join Jack in his efforts by celebrating poets in your writer circles, favorite published poets or friends who've published poetry... We can all support writers in this genre by sharing information about them on social networking sites - just like Jack is offering.


Jack says to send him your information BEFORE JULY 1ST via:


 jack(at)jackhuber(dot)com




After giving this some thought, I decided that I too could put a little more effort out to support poets. I'd like to invite my readers to send me a short poem (less than 30 lines) that is family friendly (*no politics, religion, erotica etc), with a writer, conscious or green living, or nature oriented poem.  If approved I will share this poem on my blog along with the author's website address and the title of the book it was excerpted from during the month of July. I, too, will share a few poems in July.




Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows and free resources and more at: www.brummet.ca



Comments