Skip to main content

Product Review


-- Product Review -- 



I spotted Robin Logan’s invitation for reviews re: the 7Cream.ca products on Nov. 1st and was quite intrigued – by Nov. 4th we got a confirmation and the product was shipped shortly afterwards. It arrived in the mail on Nov. 12th in recyclable cardboard box, with fine paper (recyclable) packaging to protect the product. The 7Cream company is based in BC, Canada. www.7cream.ca - and are registered with Health Canada (known for their strict policies and standards) as a “natural health product”.

Having been busy working with the beams and posts that will eventually form our deck, I’ve had all kinds of strains; scratches, skin stress from the stain itself, and small wounds from wood slivers. I’ve also suffered from eczema throughout my childhood, although it only shows up occasionally now that I’m in my mid-40’s and very conscious of what I put on my skin, what I breathe and what I eat. Because of lots of garden and house projects, I had some eczema getting increasingly worse since this summer on my fingers. I put on this cream as soon as it arrived and noticed a huge difference – the itching went away, the skin on my hands didn’t ache, my skin felt softer and all those little scratches and old sliver spots didn’t sting anymore. So after 3 more applications over a 2-day period I noticed that the small wounds were healing really well and the eczema was nearly gone! Within 4 days the skin on my hands were totally healed, and very soft. That really amazed me since I’d been using prescription cortisone for eczema all my life with very minor results. After looking over their site, I realized that 7 Cream is actually used in hospitals and special treatment centers for burns due to radiation. I am totally impressed with this cream!




7 Cream contains no parabens, mineral oil, lanolin, synthetic fragrances, color, or fillers and is gluten free. It is also made in Canada – which for my situation means there is very little fossil fuel spent in shipping, a definite plus for this environmentalist. This healing cream consists of manuka honey, aloe vera, calendula, shea butter, coconut, avocado, neem and manuka oils. In addition about 70% of the ingredients are certified as organic. I’m sensitive or allergic to a lot of things but found this cream very soothing and I had no reaction to it. However the packaging does warn that people who have allergies to plants in the astraceae, compositae or daisy families will want to avoid this cream.

Our blog readers are probably familiar with most of these natural ingredients listed above but for those of you who are not I’ll list some of the valuable properties in a few of them. Calendula, one of my favorite self-seeding edible flowers for the garden (the petals are wonderful in salads), is actually from the Marigold family and is well known for it’s ability to heal minor cuts, burns and irritations on the skin. Pollinators, by the way, love that flower. Shea Butter is solid oil produced from processing the nut of the Karite tree – from Africa – and is commonly used for moisturizing skin. Hand drummers use Shea butter to heal their hands, and to seal new drumheads. The avocado oil has a lot of different nutrients that skin can easily absorb and is also a moisturizer. Neem oil is one of my favorite gardening remedies comes from a tree that traditionally grows in Asia, India and Africa; it helps plants as a foliar feed spray, cleans leaves leaving them glossy, fights problems from mold to mildew and also works as a natural pesticide, while being completely safe for people and pets. I wasn’t personally familiar with Manuka oil and honey, so I did some research online. These products come from a tree by the same name, which has a lot of healing properties as well. Manuka honey is one of the most treasured honey varieties in Australia and New Zealand regions. Most honeys have antibacterial properties, but Manuka honey has much more of this property, and 4 times more minerals than other honey varieties - as such, it has been used topically to dress wounds, and taken internally for throat and stomach issues (sore throats and stomach ulcers, for instance). As a food, this honey is said to have a slight forest-like aroma. While highly sought after, it is fairly hard to get and is actually up to 10 times the cost of other honey. Other ingredients include geranium oil and castor seed oil.

I’m personally going to keep a tube of 7 Cream (retail $24.95 Canadian) in my cabinet as a medical aid for damaged skin, wounds, cuts, slivers, and of course eczema. The company also produces a lip balm ($9.75 Canadian) and a bar soap ($14.95) product with similar ingredients. They offer a combo pack including one of each of their products for a reduced price ($45.00 Canadian). The 7 Cream and 7 Balm are both made in Canada and the 7 Soap is made in France.

The site offers lots of educational information about the construction of the skin, what skin needs, how to make your own sun screen bars, and much more. You’ll also find information about the founder: “Robin Logan, FSHom, British Homeopath, the creator of the 7 Cream Product Line is the author of the best selling textbook, The Homeopathic Treatment of Eczema, Beaconsfield Homoeopathic Library (1998). In 1994, he was awarded a Fellowship by The Society of Homeopaths (UK) for his contribution to homeopathy. He served as a Director of the Society of Homeopaths for four years and was editor of the Society’s professional journal, The Homeopath, for two years.”


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 
 

Comments