Skip to main content

Nature In All Its Glory



-- Quote of the Day -- 

“I think because I was so passionate about bringing attention to the ocean creatures, and the eco-awareness it gave a depth to what I was doing; it was more than dressing up; it was about using myself as a bridge between ocean creatures and land creatures – bringing the message that we really need to do something to help with these issues. …I think it is really important that whatever you do in life that there is a large part of it that you would do regardless of the finance or social status – it is purely something that you do because you have such a passion and a love and recognizing that something needs to happen. ...In one particular area the local fisherman decided to do eco-tourism rather than kill the animals - they set up a program where they take people out in tiny vessels, where you are not allowed to interact in an invasive way… to view their beauty and not kill them.”

~ Hannah Fraser

Today’s quote originates from the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio episode that aired back on July 13… titled: Ocean Conservation

 (*Click on the title to access the full discussion)


-- Interesting Images of Creston Valley --

The incredible Creston Valley - where Dave and I live - has amazing beauty and features. We have hundreds of nonprofits, thousands of volunteers, amazing artists, festivals, agriculture, parks and trails, lakes and rivers, fishing and golfing and many other adventures to be had. I've loved this area since I was a teenager and always dreamed of moving here... and now in my mid-40's I have fulfilled that dream. I so love living here! We recently found out about a film group in town that did a 2-part video about the Creston Valley, past and present. Each section is about 8-9 minutes in length: 

Part 1: 



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 
 




Comments