Skip to main content

Product Review



 -- Product Review --



We started discussing our taking on Nura Natural Skincare’s 100% pure certified organic rosehip seed oil review project on April 29th and received the package on May 9th when Dave picked it up at the border a couple miles from our location.



I took some extra time with this project as I wanted to really try out the product and give it time to do its thing. The first thing I noticed about it is that there are no fillers, additives, fragrances or alcohols. It is said to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, soothe dry and sensitive skin issues, ease ailments from age spots and scars, acne, rashes and eczema, to dark spots and sun burns. It can be used for all skin types anywhere on the body – 3-4 drops at a time on freshly cleaned and still damp skin twice a day.



Interestingly the company says the product is guaranteed to refresh and revitalize, to penetrate, hydrate and heal damaged skin. The company states: “If you are not completely satisfied with our product, simply contact us and we guarantee a complete refund. No Questions. Hassle Free. Your money back.” Unfortunately their site has no information about the company - such as where they operate or how they operate (i.e. in-house environmental policies, social responsibility, charities they support, free trade, etc.).





The product arrived housed in a green and brown color cardboard box, and green colored glass bottle, which are both recyclable. Inside the box, there were a few flaps of cardboard to safely secure the bottle during shipping and handling, but that too is recyclable. There was a plastic ring safety seal attached to the screw top – applicator is a rubber tipped glass dropper, ensuring sanitary conditions… most of these things are also recyclable (the rubber can be pulled off, I think).



The 1 fl. oz. / 30 ml. bottle retails on Amazon.com for $29.99, but is currently on sale for $22.99 –I could not find it on Amazon.ca. The instructions say to store at temperatures below 30˚ and once opened, this product has a 6-month shelf life.



The product is made from cold-pressed organic rosehip seeds of the “highest quality”. While I’d not used rosehip oil before the scent from the bottle brought back memories of harvesting rosehips and drying them with my late mother to make rosehip tea. Dave and I still do this – but you can buy hulled rosehips (the pith removed from the inside of the “berries”) at most health food stores now and use them both for baking and for tea. The product smells just like the tea, only more faint.



I was surprised to see that some reviewers mentioned using on the face – and so of course I had to try it, but to ensure I wasn’t going to enjoy the scent or feel, or have a reaction to it – I tried it on my hand first. I rubbed in 4 drops on my hands paying special attention to a small spot of eczema and the nail beds where I tend to get rough skin (gardening/cooking does it to me every time). As I applied the product on my hands there remained an oil sheen, but that disappeared in seconds leaving me with surprisingly softer skin. So I immediately tried a few drops on some aching scratches I got from some garden shrubs – and the aching went away within a few minutes, unless I touched the scratches. Continuing daily applications, the scratches disappeared in a few days. However I found the product aggravated the eczema I have on a few fingers.



I thought it was very interesting that one of the items it is supposed to help with is redness – which I have always had on my face. The serum I tried earlier this year from Tangerine Lilly was working nicely there too, so much so that I’m now a customer of theirs – but I decided to try this product for that purpose to see what kind of result I got. After a few applications I felt it was just too oily for my facial skin type. Over the last few weeks I have been applying it nightly to my feet (about 6-8 drops per foot), and experienced amazing differences in the quality of my skin there. I do this while watching TV, using a small towel on the floor so that after one foot is done it can rest on the towel while I do the other. It takes about 15 minutes or so to soak in enough to for me to feel confident about putting my feet back on the couch.



I truly enjoyed trying this product out and would recommend it to anyone with dry, cracking feet or hands.












Find Dave and Lillian Brummet at: http://brummet.ca

  * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!

Comments