Skip to main content

Making Choices; Patterns in Life

  
-- Quote of the Day --

"Patterning your life
Around others' opinions
Is nothing more than slavery."

~ Lawana Blackwell


-- Brummets in the Media --


Author J.A. Laughlin has a generous list of other books that he is recommending to his audience - as well, he has a section for fellow PA authors. I sent him some information and a few images and he put them up within hours. It was really cool of him to do. Check it out, and if you like, send a request his way to see if he'd like to give you all a promotional link on his site as well. I noticed that he also has a small forum there, that you may want to check out too.

http://www.cage-den.com -- click the "booklink" tab 



-- Authors Read Radio --


Today's Authors Read Radio episode features Viki Kind:  author of - The Caregiver's Path to Compassionate Decision Making - Making Choices for Those Who Can't, helps families and health care professionals making the difficult decisions for those who are losing or have lost capacity. The author, Viki Kind – will be sharing an excerpt from this book with us today.
 



-- Buy Poetry For Your Significant Other Month --

 
As promised, this blog will be celebrating Buy Poetry For Your Significant Other Month (July) by sharing poetry from published writers. Submission guidelines can be found on the July 3rd posting on this blog. (scroll down to find previous posts). * We have 1 more guest poets lined up before the end of July rolls around. Today I'll be sharing an excerpt from my book: Towards Understanding.  


LOVE of a MANY FACE



Love of a many face,

I shy from your disgrace.

Love of a many hill,

I won’t let go of my will.

Tumbling, falling

Just tired of stalling.

Can’t let it fade away,

Yet won’t allow myself to beg.

My heart means so much more.

Yes, I step harder...than before.

Why jump blinded, headfirst,

Into the never ending thirst.

Slowly, I watch and sigh.

Silently, I smother my cries.

Trying to hold onto what, I don’t know.

But never - no never, let it show.

My eyes see danger up ahead.

Threatening to leave my heart stone dead.

Tonight, I caress my greatest fear.

To love you always, and hold you near.



 
Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows and free resources and more at: www.brummet.ca

* * Support the Brummet's work by telling your friends, or purchasing a book - each book sold raises funds for charity as well!

Comments