Skip to main content

conscious living...


-- Quote of the Day --


“…My passion is really to help others to discover their passions; to acknowledge it, access it, awaken it and express it to the world. …We don’t get over the vulnerability because vulnerability is an important piece of the process. The way to do this is to be vulnerable, to be open and to allow ourselves to be afraid. Because the fear is not the problem; it is when the fear stops us that creates the problem. ”


~ Mark Gerson 08/12/08


What is the meaning of your life? Why do you exist? What will your legacy be in this moment?

I've seen a lot of information in the media as of late dealing with issues of discovering yourself, being healthy and looking younger. Few of us understand that these things go hand in hand. From my own personal experience of discovering my passion, I can tell you that I have never felt so complete, so fulfilled in life as I do now. Things are not perfect and woes did not disappear - but my focus in life shifted to the point that I no longer cherished certain things, I no longer worried about other things... they still exist - they are there and I work to deal with them in a more positive way. These challenges do not fill my every thought of every moment like they used to, and I am inspired to face each day with a more positive attitude. This brightens my face, my eyes shine, I smile more often and care about my physical health - and while I am nearly 40 years old with a more than a few natural wiry gray hairs, I am often mistaken for being in my late 20's early 30's.

Famous spiritual leaders from all walks of life that span the vastness of human existence on this planet have told us time and time to give up living for ourselves (for accumulation and status) and instead live to benefit others. This is a true legacy. We are not required to become monks, vegans and minimalists, but what we can do is find little ways of contributing on a regular basis. This is the beginning of a conscious lifestyle.

Keep in mind that little everyday actions can have a huge impact. Consider donating those used plastic shopping bags to thrift shops and used item retailers; donating magazines to waiting rooms and laundromats; sharing unwanted or unused items in our possession with others in our community; planting an extra row in our gardens for the needy; clearing snow from the sidewalk or driveway of an elderly neighbor; sharing flowers from our landscaping with seniors centers, family centers and hospitals... Whatever you can do, little things from moment to moment, can literally change your life!

One of the most rewarding experiences I have had in my life is hosting the Conscious Discussions talk radio show. I am so inspired by the guests that we highlight there - these people are really amazing and yet not in an intimidating way... meaning I think they inspire us all to become more conscious, to grow into the best person we can be. I am so grateful to the (nearly 200) featured guests that have taken time out of their day to share their stories, offer resources and advice to our listeners.

...And this brings me to the quote that I started today's post with. This quote was taken from an interview that aired on August 12, 2008 - All Conscious Discussions episodes are archived and available 24/hrs a day for free. Anyone with an internet connection can access the show, download them to their listening device, subscribe via itunes and various other listening methods simply by clicking on the hyper-linked show title or looking for the link on the right side of this blog page.


-- Authors Read --

Later today at 2PM (Pacific) we will be featuring author Barry Eva. Well known for his short romance stories on the net and in his book Stories from the Heart, Barry has also narrated his stories on local TV or as a guest on other media stations, where his whit, oratory, and old-fashioned English charm really add the experience of hearing this author read from his published work. Today Barry shares an excerpt from Across the Pond. To access this episode, simply click on the hyperlinked show title, or look to the right for a link to the Authors Read radio show.



Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca

Comments