Skip to main content

Master of My Fate



-- Quote of the Day -- 

“Perpetual consciousness is always being present in your life; never looking ahead nor looking backward - because when you are present all heaven breaks loose and you are living in divine circumstances in all moments. The future and the past are totally irrelevant for in the moment for which you reside.”

~ Steven Hairfield


Today’s quote originates from the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio episode that aired back on March 26, 2013… http://tobtr.com/s/4553257

 (*Click on the link to access the full discussion)


 -- Poetry Month --

In honor of Poetry Month I've taken the liberty to share a couple of my own poems this month and today I'd like to share one of my late-mother's favorites:

Invictus


* author unknown


Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the full clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced, nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeoning of chance,
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years,
Find and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the Scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!

Comments