This is the 2nd installment of a 2-part article offering resources for people looking for new careers or help for their intended career in the realm of green jobs. Part 1 was published on September 1st. So here is Part 2 of:
50 Awesome Scholarships For Eco-minded Students
* Written by Raj Prince
26. Blade Your Ride Scholarship - Offered to full-time undergrad and grad students at an accredited university or college in the US. One student will get $15,000, and two will get $5,000.
27. American Fisheries Society
28. Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Called the Wildlife Leadership Awards, it covers a $2,000 scholarship, plus a one-year membership to the Elk Foundation.
29. American Ground Water Trust - Offers opportunities to college eco-students who wish to get into ground water studies
30. The Explorers Club - Awards $500 to $1500 to high school students and college undergrads.
31. National Wild Turkey Federation - Awards $250 to deserving students, who will then become eligible to compete for a $1,000 scholarship. The winners in their respective provinces compete for the national scholarship, worth $10,000.
32. Walt Disney Scholarship Fund - Awards $100,000 to grad students in conservation and environmental education.
33. United States Society on Dams - Awards $1,000 to $10,000 scholarships to deserving graduate-level students who have research studies relevant to dam-related topics.
34. American Nuclear Society - Awarded to engineering or science majors.
35. Snograss Memorial Research Award - Awards monetary grants to graduate students who are engaged in entomology, particularly arthropods, taxonomy, or evolution.
36. BioQuip Undergraduate Scholarship - Offers $2,000 to undergraduates who want to achieve a entomology degree or pursue a career as an entomologist
37. Jeffery P. LaFage Graduate Student Research Award
38. Stan Beck Fellowship - offered to graduate and undergraduate students entomology.
39. National Poultry & Food Distributors Association- Agriculture scholarships
40 Professional Soil Scientists Association
41. American Meteorological Society
42. Wisconsin Environmental Health Association
43. Florida Environmental Health Association
44. National Association of Geoscience Teachers, Far Western Section
45. North Carolina Association of Nurserymen
46. British Columbia Aboriginal Fisheries Commission
47. Perennial Plant Association Scholarship
48. Golden State Bonsai Federation (California)
49. American Indian Science & Engineering Society
50. American Electroplaters and Surface Finishers Society - Environmental Engineering
With the multitude of eco-related scholarships for eco-students, choosing where to apply entails a major task ahead. Hopefully, with this list of 50 awesome scholarships for eco-minded students you'll be able to narrow your choices down to find out which suits you best.
* I'd also like to add to this article's information by saying simply going online and using the organization title as a key word you can find out a lot more about what they are offering and any requirements they may have. Perhaps you can find several scholarships and grants, instead of focusing on just one source. Don't forget to do a search online for your particular area, country, county, state, province, city, etc. You never know what you might find. There are grants and scholarships for all ages to be found, if we just put in the time to look. You might also find the interviews we have done on our radio show with non-profits and environmental groups where you can learn how they are run, difficulties they have faced and what they did to over come issues, and much more. There are also lots of job search, interview and resume discussions with a wide array of professionals that may help you as well.
Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!