Skip to main content

Random randomness :)


-- Chatter --

Well, I am starting the outlines for August's 14 or so featured guests on the Authors Read and Conscious Discussions radio programs, and will be consumed with this chore for about a week or so. The release of Purple Snowflake Marketing's 2nd edition is going very well, although it would be even better if I could somehow split myself into 10 people! - lol - A gorgeous day here in BC, Canada - I've already walked the dogs and did a training session with them. Earlier I was able to clean the kitchen, answer some emails and did my yoga for the day. Now the office calls for my attention until around noon when I plan to take my first break of the day. Whew!

Therefore I am keeping today's blog post brief, please understand my schedule is a bit constrained - or I'd have more here for you today. Do feel free to browse the archived blog posts here, follow the links we've made available on this blog or head on over to my site (www.brummet.ca) where you can find hundreds of free articles, over a hundred conscious living links, press releases, book excerpts, interviews...

-- Quote of the Day --

“…I always had an infinity with animals, I think it is something that is just innate in some of us. I also had a heightened sensitivity at a young age of seeing animals on the street that I perceived as being homeless. …One day I decided that I wanted to start my own organization and help in my own way. …We believe there can be a second act for the homeless dogs and cats throughout the world. We help out very small, volunteer run groups who are going into the shelters and rescuing animals. …There are older pets that are often overlooked …and pregnant animals. These groups will spay and neuter the animals and adopt them out. …What I recommend to anyone starting an organization is to test market it like a business. …Get ideas and input from people you trust. With any grass roots organization is go out into the community – local fairs, festivals, the farmers market… It is a way for people to learn about us. The people we help are those that go into shelters to rescue animals, many times they need medical care or have reached the end of their stay there… Shelters have to destroy them because it is too expensive to shelter them.
~ Michael Brown – June 4, ’09


Today's quote originated from a Conscious Discussions interview that aired on June 4th, 2009 - in this interview our featured guest was Michael Brown and we discussed animal rescue organizations and the Second Acts Foundation.

To access the archived episode, simply click on the hyper-links above or look to the right for links to the Conscious Discussions talk radio program.

** Don't forget to enter this week's contest (see previous blog posts for info)

Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca

Comments