Skip to main content

Drum Lessons and Repairs


-- Quote of the Day -- 

“I prefer talking to writing so when I wrote this book - I spoke into a recorder and had it transcribed and then I had some clay that I could work with to format and get the story in a format that was not only readable but helpful for other people. …writing a letter to a deceased loved one  can be extremely helpful, I wrote her (my sister) a letter and tell her what I wanted her to know – I encourage people to give creative projects… My sister was murdered in ’96 and there was this song that kept playing on the radio – it really resonated with me and I created a music video that went along to the song. I went out to where we grew up and hung out and places my sister went… and this helped me express what I was feeling at the time. Some people will write poetry, some will paint… but getting creative is very helpful. You may also need to find someone to talk to – but it helps if the person knows what you are going through. …Chose what I call a positive pathway – such as doing things in honor of the loved one and not focus on the fact that they were killed. We’ve created a scholarship in my sister’s name and have given out 13 of those today. There’s an organization in Chicago called the children’s place for children who are dealing with HIV in their family – they have a day camp, and we have supported that day camp for the last 10 years and they actually renamed that day camp after my sister. …Children’s Hospital Oakland created an outreach program to help people involved with children with hearing problems…and we’ve helped to support that program. What it means to our family is that it puts a positive twist to a tragedy. ”

~ Zander Sprague

Today’s quote originates from the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio episode that aired back on July 23 2013… titled: Sibling and Childhood Grief

 (*Click on the title to access the full discussion)




-- Drum Lessons -- 

Drum lessons for youth, kids or adults - hand or hit drums - Also drum repairs/tuning, etc. We'll be starting up our regular monthly group hand drum workshops in March in the city of Creston, BC... however you can also book private family or group workshops anytime. www.brummet.ca 
 Or email Dave Brummet: davebrummet@yahoo.ca




Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 
 
 
 

Comments