Skip to main content

Inspiring Nature Quote

* Today's quote deserves a post all of its own...

-- Quote of the Day -- 

"I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees.
 The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. 
It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. 
It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. 
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me — I am happy." 

~ Hamlin Garland, McClure’s, February 1899



   Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 

Comments