Skip to main content

poetry

http://brummetmedia.ca/store.html

Today's post offers a little taste of what is to be found in the poetry book Dave and I co-authored : Rhythm and Rhyme.  
This poem, written by Dave shares his experience of going back to visit a place of childhood memories...




Strathcona Beach

* Written by Dave Brummet



Picnic on a sunny day, down at the busy beach

Chicken wings, coleslaw, root beer and a juicy peach

Life is good - sun is hot - couldn’t ask for a better day

If I could go back again, if I could, I would stay



Diving at the drop off, far from the crowded beach

The wreck of an airplane lies there just out of reach

Thing is: if you go there you might not make it back

The fishes are twice your size, to them you’re just a snack



Strathcona Beach in the summertime

Summertime at Strathcona Beach.



Football, Frisbee, it doesn’t matter what you do

As long as your crappy day, stays there, behind you

You can blankly sit and stare, all day, at the waves

Then you know eventually it’s time to go you cannot stay



Go there at night and the place is not the same

The families are gone the vibe is quite insane

Branches break in the wind, come crashing to the ground

The bonfires on the sand call the people from all around



Strathcona Beach in the summertime

Summertime at Strathcona Beach.



When I’m an old man, wheel me in a chair

Take me to that beach and just leave me sittin’ there

I’ll sit and listen to the ghosts of the good times of yesterday

And know that I’ve lived it, and wouldn’t change it in any way





~~

Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~ 


Comments