Skip to main content

poetry


Today's post offers a little taste of what is to be found in my 
first poetry book, Towards Understanding - this poem depicts that empty melaconic mood that can sometimes creep up on us - there's no reason to feel that way, yet we just want to wallow in our own misery... but at the same time we look at ourselves and give a little light-hearted scoff - what the heck is wrong with me today? So with that in mind....


http://brummetmedia.ca/store.html






WHAT’S BOTHERING ME?


Blank mind, this time.

An empty space - a vacant room.

A hollowed out cave, echoing darkness and gloom.

Don’t feel lonely, or lost in the rain.

Don’t feel anger - just a haunting pain

Tears no longer roll down my face and stain,

For I know the dawn’s about to shine

It will only take a little more time.

I’m almost there - so close to where I want to be.

The solution to my problems, I can clearly see.

Walking up the steep path, now slightly descending

So what is it that is bothering me?

I lay here, drowning myself in bubbly wine,

Trying to escape what? I don’t know.

Too much calmness inside.

Waters turned to a glassy calm - no longer raging wild.

Can’t seem to sum up, what’s bringing me down.

What is it that caused this constant frown?

My eyes too swollen to see through the clouds;

Can’t figure out what’s bothering me.





~~

Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~ 

Comments