Skip to main content

Everyone has a story to tell



Today we are joined by Elise Brooke, who tells us: "My parents moved to NZ from England and South Africa. I now live in the beautiful east coast Gisborne.  I have written and published two autobiographies in my book series "The New Zealand Dream,” by Sheila - my pen name. I wrote these books to inspire and give hope to others. I use my pen name Sheila for my autobiography series".  Elise has been in the world of writing for more than 2 decades and continues to hone a true passion for writing: "Writing is a very powerful healing tool, sharing your story can give help others and help yourself on your healing journey.  I am a writing mentor who can help people write their own story and with any writing project they are creating.  I have mentored students working for Wellington polytechnic." Her blog offers an opportunity for other authors to submit guest posts and query for author interviews. She can be found on most of the common social media sites and her main website is: https://www.mynzdreamblog.com


Everyone has a story to tell.
What is yours?

I started writing at a very young age, I kept journals of my thoughts and feelings from aged 7 to 22, this was more helpful to me than a counsellor. I used imaginative writing exercises in primary school to escape the world. The teacher would put a piece of music on the record player and ask the students to write a story the piece of music brought to mind.  An excellent visualization technique I still use today, music and writing to me are as important as the air I breath. 

As I grew older writing has been a form of therapy, I chose poetry to release my emotions, fears, worries and joys. I continued to use writing in my adult years, facing all life threw my way together. Writing is like my best friend, always there for me, never judging me or leaving my side. I have faced many battles, abuse, violence, health, and pains. And I have celebrated love, joy and praise with writing. Something about writing it down on paper has given me release and my power back leading me into healing.

I have turned my tragedies, sufferings, past experiences, tears and loss into hope and inspiration for myself and others by writing and sharing my story. I have written and published my life so far, my books are called The New Zealand Dream, The Seeds Are Sown and Growth and Destruction. I am publishing the last book in this series this year, The Healing. I know how alone one can feel on their life journey, I hope to remind you, you are not alone and you are not the only one, through sharing my story.

I now use writing to help others to find their healing and share their own story. I guide and mentor people in my writing mentor programmes I offer, the first hour totally free. Please visit my website https://www.mynzdreamblog.com

Not one person on this earth has somehow made a change without having a story to share and why they do what they do.  I want you to be confident in writing your story so you can be successful in however you are going to create change.

Writing has set me free, it can set you free too.

Below are 2 poems I wrote as my outlet to heal. The first one I wrote when I was only 20 and the second is more recent.



Love Is

Love is something you give freely without 

expecting anything in return

Love is unconditional, forgiving, 

accepting and understanding

Love is patient and kind an assurance 

that a back will never be turned 

or a door slammed shut

…security

If I could have just one wish

It would be this for my future child

Instead of harsh words, open arms

Open heart and mind

Less scars to heal.





The True You

I want you to become the truest expression of you, that you know how to be

I want to assist you in doing so, by being a reflection of you

A radiator of my own truest self to the best of my present ability

I will not hold you responsible for how I feel, instead I will use you as a reflection

Reminding me to strengthen my direct experience of the bliss 

that is my eternal connection to my own soul

This way we will amplify each other and accelerate each other’s journey

When time has come to say goodbye, because we recognise 

that there is greater alignment to be gained 

in another direction in life or state

It does not have to get ugly or painful

We will both have come to recognize the true connection 

of our souls physical circumstances

We have come to realise that out happiness 

depends not on our relationship to other selves

But directly and solely on the degree of alignment 

we have cultivated to our very own source

Thank you for helping me get closer to my source.



~~
 
Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~








Comments