Skip to main content

The Power of Poetry


The Power Of Poetry

Today we are joined by Elise Brooke, who tells us: "My parents moved to NZ from England and South Africa. I now live in the beautiful east coast Gisborne.  I have written and published two autobiographies in my book series "The New Zealand Dream,” by Sheila - my pen name. I wrote these books to inspire and give hope to others. I use my pen name Sheila for my autobiography series".  Elise has been in the world of writing for more than 2 decades and continues to hone a true passion for writing: "Writing is a very powerful healing tool, sharing your story can give help others and help yourself on your healing journey.  I am a writing mentor who can help people write their own story and with any writing project they are creating.  I have mentored students working for Wellington polytechnic." Her blog offers an opportunity for other authors to submit guest posts and query for author interviews. She can be found on most of the common social media sites and her main website is: https://www.mynzdreamblog.com


Poetry is so important because it helps us understand and appreciate the world around us.  Poetry’s strength lies in it’s ability to shed a sideways light on the world, so the truth sneaks up on you, poetry teaches us how to live.

Poetry triggers our emotions, strengthening our brains, and gives us space for self – reflection. Our brains process poetry similar to music.

Poetry can affect all generations, and make people consider anything from love to loss. It can inspire…a poet speaks to the reader intimately and exclusively giving an insight into their inner minds, their loves and hates.

Poetry is the highest form of literature, it influences us because it shows different shades of human beings.  It is one of the most ancient arts and also the product of human imagination.

It is for these reasons The NZDream blog has put together a Poetry Corner. The NZDream blog is all about finding healing and the healing journey through writing.  We want to give poets of all ages and kinds a space to publish their works free of charge and be read by many, and a place to connect and read other poets works.
So if you are a poet and enjoy poetry please join us in The Poetry Cornerhttps://www.mynzdreamblog.com 

Here are a couple of my early poems to enjoy.


Love is Timeless and Ageless

One does not measure love in time

I one must measure love, measure love as a transformation

The longest connections may yield little growth

While the most of encounters, can change everything.

The heart has no watch or calendar

Therefore love is timeless and ageless.

Love doesn’t care if you had a 60 year anniversary

If there is no juice in your connection

What the heart cares about is resonance.

A stable, fussed connection to enliven it

Resonance that’s called home.



See you Later

I had not been home for so long

I finally felt at home, at peace, at last.

Our deep bond will carry on through eternity

I will never forget you.

My soul will always recognize you

If our paths should cross again.

That is what true connection is

A bond creates a part of who you are

That is now you always.

Come find me again, as I’ll be looking for you

Eyes and soul wide open.

Lock away the memories in your heart

Keep them close.

When you need just close your eyes and you will see me.

That is what I will do

When I am low, when I miss you

I’ll remember fondly.

When I am happy and reminiscing 

When I am alone, or just because.

No one can take that from us

You are engraved upon my heart

It is not goodbye

Only, see you later

In another place.






~~
 
Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~

Comments

  1. Beautiful poetry! Had such a longing in it! GREAT article of The power of poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too; I found the second one resonated and I read it a few times. She definitely has talent :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet