Skip to main content

Author Interview

Author Brittany Eldridge joins us today. Brittany is a self-published author of memoirs, poetry and fiction. She is also the host for a podcast on Anchor.fm titled: Healing The Light Within & the Rise Above radio show on Zeno.fm.  Brittany is a survivor of childhood trauma, which is likely why she is now such a passionate  mental health advocate. She uses her writing skills to make a difference as well through her articles for The Better Because Project, Made of Millions Foundation, Scars of Survival Magazine, NoStigmas, The Rochester Voice and Born This Way Foundation.
Find her online via: https://linktr.ee/brittanyalyce Or drop by her Author Page on Amazon.

World of Writing - Author Interview 



Q:
Where are you from?

I was born and raised in New Hampshire. 


Q: What is your mission?

I feel that my mission has changed over my life and because of my own experience with mental health and realizing that there are more people in this world with mental health issues, I started researching on my own to understand the mind, body and soul connection. 

I didn’ t have a dream to be an author of any type, however when I look back at past writings from school, I can see that I’ve always had this ability. 

My mission currently is to spread awareness and my story to relate with others who have walked similar paths.

Q: How do you go about choosing a book title?

Each book title that I have chosen has had some significant personal relation to something that I have been through. Chasing Fireflies came from when I had lived with my grandmother for a short while and I had been outside in her backyard one night and I can remember feeling so alone, and I began to notice fireflies lighting up the sky and started to feel this relief that I wasn’t alone. I related how sometimes in life we all walk through hell, and especially with mental health, and incorporated the light of a firefly as a message of hope.

Q: Are you doing what you really want to do in life?

I am not doing exactly what I want to in life as mental health challenges has made it difficult in my daily life. I am doing what I can currently as I navigate some painful parts of my life, and often get down on myself because I feel there is something more that I should be doing, but I just feel like I can’t get there.



Q: 
What are some of the tools you use for marketing?

I have utilized some local indie stores, social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram.

I have also left my business cards in places for others and have advertised on my car. 

The local newspaper has been a resource also.



Q: Thank you for that information, I appreciate you mentioning the car decal because so few authors take advantage of this simple marketing tool - your own car! Could you take a moment here to describe your writing space.

My writing space isn’t obsolete as I would like it. It varies from being in a car, to being at the public library, to being at the playground.


Q: Do you feel that a feeling of emotion on a deep level helps, or hinders, writers?

I think this question depends on the writer. I feel that deep emotions have helped me form a story and also release my own inner story of my life. I typed my first memoir miles away from my home on an Android phone and I was in a very bad spot in my life, but that kept me going at the time.




Comments

  1. Thank you, Brittany, for dropping into our blog for this awesome discussion :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet