Skip to main content

Blogger Interview

We love featuring blogger interviews for a variety of reasons. Firstly, we get to feature people we have built business or networking relationships with, people we know and trust. We know these interviews benefit our readers because of the awesome feedback... helping them understand what blogging involves, the mindset of blog hosts, how to manage a blog themselves or to query one for marketing purposes. There is a lot to learn from these amazing folks!

Today we are honoured to feature our friend Morgan Elliott; we met through another friend of ours, Jeffrey Kippel - who interviewed Morgan on his podcast, (he also interviewed me too). Since then we've had some really great conversations and we are proud to feature the Published Lover Of Words Blog today

Morgan Elliott is, she tells us: "a witchy mortal who has a passion for the weird and supernatural". She is a Texas native. When she’s not writing, you can find her delving into true crime, watching movies and parenting. Her new book, Midnight Sin, as well as several others are available on Amazon.

Visit Morgan on via her website: 

Find her elsewhere online via: linktr.ee/authormorganelliott


World of Blogging - Interview

Q: How did you start your blog?

I was setting up my author website and I got the idea to include a blog. My blog revolves around author interviews. I really wanted to give other authors a space to find more readers.


Q: What do you do to promote your blog?

I start with posting a new blog post on all of my social media. I also work with author assistants or publicists to find new authors to showcase.




Q: How much time do dedicate to your blog?

Anywhere between 10-20 hours a week. On the really busy weeks, it’s closer to 30 hours. My blog posts start with an email. 

I exchange a few emails with each author that I work with until I have a feel of their personality. 

This is time consuming but it helps me present a different side of the author to my readers.


Q: Do you make any money from your blog?

Nope. I keep my blog and services free for authors. I feel that we don’t have enough affordable resources for indie authors so it’s important that mine stay free.


Q: What kind of theme did you use on your blog?

I kept everything black and purple to match my author site. Yes, those are two of my favorite colours, but they are also the colours used in my logo.


Q:  How do you go about improving your skills?

I connect with other bloggers when I have problems that I can’t figure out. Most of the time, a more established blogger has the solution. Seriously, connect with bloggers who has been doing it for a long time, they’ll be so helpful for you. You can always learn something new.


Q: What is your favorite task involved with your blog?

Getting to know the authors. I have met so many cool people and even made a few friends.




Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Morgan, for taking the time to share some behind the scenes activities in blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet