Skip to main content

Poetry Time



Elise Brooke  - for those of you who are not already aware  -  contributes to this blog on a monthly basis.

Look for her helpful articles and thoughtful poetry just before the end of each month.


You can find her published books on Amazon @: https://www.amazon.com/stores/Shiela/author/B003VNARXI



That was my piece

I have packed all the boxes 
the last of what is left 
labelled “your stuff.”  

It won’t be long now 
and I’ll be gone.  

Your very own cake 
was not good enough, 
you had to take my slice too.  

Like the toothpick 
you used to clean your teeth 
of the evidence, 

my heart has snapped.  

“My stuff,”
the mere possessions 
left over for me, 

I squash them into a box, 
as you have tried with me.  

The neatly folded bicycle 
and all that remains of you, 
I do not want any of it!  

All memories 
and reminders of you 
must wash away 
as I stand in the flood waters 
of my brokenness 

May it wash me clean.





Comments