Skip to main content

World of Writing, interview


-- World of Writing, Interview --

Yes - it's time for another World of Writing interview - today we are featuring: Teresa Morrow... who just released her debut book, Life Lessons from the Heart. Writing for her is a way to follow her internal sense of purpose - to make a difference using words to inspire others. Her online book promotion business helps other authors share their personal messages to an ever wider audience. She hopes to release a second book that has been in the works for some time now in the near future. Drop by her site to learn more about her via: http://www.teresamorrow.com



Q: How have your books gotten published?

My first book, Life Lessons from the Heart just got published through Smashwords (and will soon be on Amazon Kindle) as an ebook. It was an interesting experience and relatively easy. I liked this avenue of publishing for my first book because it gives me the option if I want to later put it into print I can.


Q: What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?

My most interesting writing quirk would be I find that I can write really well in either totally quiet or other times I find I have to have music on (most of the time the music is 80's classics!)


Q: What has been the most surprising thing you learned from creating your books?

There is always something more to learn as a writer. I have found the more I write, the better I get at the craft of writing. Also, the amount of support from other writers is so amazing. There are many websites, blogs, newsletters of bloggers, writers, authors that are more than willing to help you with spreading the word of your work (like you Lillian, thanks!).


Q: How many books/stories have you written?

As I mentioned above, I have just published my first book, Life Lessons from the Heart. I have two other books in the making. The one is a fiction book, inspired by the relationship between my husband and I (our beginning
was filled with many diversities, challenges and controversy). The other is a story where the idea came to me in a dream about two sisters whose lives come together in interesting ways as adults (to include new love, old relationships, big decisions, surprising twists).


Q: Do you have any suggestions to help others become a better writer?

Start writing. It really does work because I feel that some times writers get ideas stuck in their heads but until you begin and put it on paper it doesn't get out and flourish. When I was thinking about writing my fiction book, I thought it had to be perfect before I would start writing it. Once
I realized I didn't have to know exactly what I was going to do for every piece of the book, I began to write and it flowed.


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!



Comments