Skip to main content

World of Writing, interview




-- World of Writing -- 

Dr. Elizabeth Armstrong has always had a strong affinity for natural ecosystems, wildlife, and non-human allies.  Her love of knowledge yielded a Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. in the sciences at the University of Arkansas and completed coursework in Financial Case for Green, Green Building Development, and Water-Wise landscaping.  She has mentored and consulted on environmental issues for over two decades.  An author’s path resulted in her new book, Align With The Wild, which addresses the need for a worldwide lifestyle shift towards heart-centered conscious collaborations with all species. 





Q: Elizabeth, could we start by having you give us a brief glance at your life experiences?


A: I was born on a military base since my father was an officer in the Army.  As a toddler, I lived in Japan.  My family settled right outside of Washington DC, in Maryland where I spent most of my younger years.  I have enjoyed traveling around the continent and Hawaii and presently live in Arkansas.


Q: What led you to the world of writing? 


A: Actually, high school English was my worst subject when I dropped out of school in tenth grade.  Journaling was a great past time yet I did not consider myself to be a writer.  I wanted a written memory of my life’s wonderful experiences.  It was fun to watch my growth over the years.

Q: What is your professional and educational background?


A: For 12 years, I loved serving as a waitress.  My thirst for knowledge carried my through higher education to complete a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences.  It was required that I write a thesis and dissertation where the scientific language was dry and incredibly detailed.  I am now a business owner of Jazzy Eco Sustainable Community.





Q: Do you use more than one voice in my writing?


A: Yes, I write to educate using sound science for support in a poetic flow of material.  Authoring my own book blesses me with the freedom to empower the reader on a path of self-discovery.  My book, Align With The Wild, allows me to serve nature and wildlife through the support created by the reader.


Q: What is your mission or goal in life?


A: My mission is to build a sustainable community that supports businesses, educates the masses on environmental stewardship strategies, and strengthens natural ecosystems.  Generating revenue through writing and sharing my expertise is the path.  Mobilizing stewards is the journey.  Embracing gratitude, faith, and spirit is the insurance.


Q: What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and your greatest weaknesses?


A: Integrity, dedication, and intuition are my strengths.  Recognizing the need to change and adapt navigates my growth.  I tend to be weakened by compassion that might alter my priorities.  I feel, though, that there is great value in love and mutually beneficial collaborations.       





Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well! 


Comments