Skip to main content

poetry time

 Poetry Time 


Rhythm & Rhyme Dave and Lillian began writing professionally back in 1999 and wanted to use this as a tool for sparking positive change and motivating readers to lead more proactive lives.  According to Lillian: "Poetry has the unique application of allowing the writer to express their own hopes, dreams or pain, and to explore creative use of words, rhythms, fantasy, truths and rhymes".


The couple teamed up to share their poetry in the book Rhythm & Rhyme. Their different writing styles are at their best in this incredible collection - celebrating nature, questioning society, expressing grief and embracing love. Some of the poetry in this book reflects on the emotional turmoil of ailing parents, long-term caregiving, the gut-wrenching waiting period of knowing the end is coming, and eventual grief of their passing. Other poems speak about the strange emptiness that is left when old wounds are healed. You’ll also find poems that celebrate life, music, love, animals and nature.






Keep The Change (by Dave Brummet)

Looking out my window at the silent park
Rain is streaming down thru the misty dark
I’d sit and have a smoke
But I don’t have a light
Don’t even feel like
Going on the town tonight

Went back to my hometown nothing seemed the same
Had a look around but I knew no one by name
Fields have sprouted buildings
The roads have thickened up
With the flow of frantic traffic
That doesn’t seem to stop

Its not the same, as time moves on
Things will evolve, right or wrong
There is no choice for you to make
No other path for fate to take
But you can choose
To keep the change 
You can keep the change

Try to do finances, but I can’t get it thru my head
That if I don’t succeed I’ll have nothing when I’m dead
Keepin’ up with the Joneses
No time to stop and play
How can you be a kid again
If you have to grow up today

Looking out my porthole where there used to be a park
The nozzles spray some moisture, the lights go out at dark
If I go out they’ll find me
And try to make me right
So I stay here in my cubicle
And hide throughout the night



~~
 
Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca
 
~~



Comments