Skip to main content

Feeling Grateful



Having just come out of October which was filled with awareness days celebrating gratitude, peaceful conflict resolution and river/ocean/lake cleanup awareness days - I found myself leaving negative thoughts and stressful feelings aside. I slowed down and began, again, to simply focus on what was in front of me. Now we are heading into November...

November being the month of philanthropy, tolerance, health and safety is filled with amazing awareness holidays bringing attention to important issues. What a wonderful month to celebrate the closing of the garden and yard work, slowing down to get cozy and warm! 

So with that in mind I want to celebrate just a few, and I mean very few, of the thousands of amazing positive, proactive movements we personally have seen in our little valley and across the globe. 




First - let's celebrate the fact that we have one of Canada's largest wildlife refuge that is managed by numerous organizations along with the government. This area has significance because ecosystem's ability to control and clean water. It's other main significance is that it is home to some endangered and threatened species of frogs and salamanders and fish. It is also home to millions of different birds and brings in a large number of international birdwatchers. There has been a lot of improvement projects over the last 10 years, and this year is no different. Click HERE to learn more.
 


The Columbia Basin Network is always active in the local environment and collaborating with a wide array of organizations.

This year, they collaborated to offer a lot of free and frugal workshops, webinars and events








The Canadian Wildlife Federation released over 1000 baby turtles to help renew future generations of turtles. 

They made it into a fun event, and carefully released each baby into the big wild world. 

Check out their BLOG POST about this project. 








There are so many organizations that 
work tirelessly to improve multiple things at once: the environment, agriculture and the local food movement. 

Their collaborative efforts have improved upon a sustainable, regionally-based food system while helping those in need. 


Just to name a few:








One of the reasons, in fact, why I continue to publish this blog on an almost daily basis is because we have the honour of networking with and celebrating organizations like these, bringing more attention the incredibly impressive contributions that make the world a better place. 

For me, it kind of acts like a happy pill - because I am witness to incredible things going on around me that give me hope, that fill my heart with gladness at the positive happenings all around us. 

I wish I had time, and energy, to list everything I've been witness to that has gone on within my narrow view to the world. Imagine how limited my view is ; this little view into the incredible works going on all around us. If only we saw all of the fantastic actions that are taking place every day.... 

Well, I personally feel that just knowing this is happening helps my perspective to become brighter, the darkness fades and I get a little buzz, a little energy boost when I embrace this view.  



A huge THANK YOU goes out to the millions of volunteers and the supportive, hardworking entrepreneurial individuals contributing to their efforts. Together, we are making the world a better place. 






Comments