Skip to main content

Time Management

Maintaining our media page is an annual task that has a lot of nostalgia for me. I like to, at this time of year, highlight some of the ones that had an impact on me. I hope you enjoy them too...

Mr Marketology (Jeff) host of The Marketing Strategy Session asked me : 
"With the books, blogs, youtube channel, gardens, music studio, dogs and everything else you have going on from day to day - how do you manage it all without working 23 hours every day?"


In the summer I'm up as early as 5 AM to water and harvest before the heat of the day settles in. The computer or the phone is never far away and I am always aware of it. Because of the repercussions of a car accident I find I can hold a sustained position for no more than 2 hours at a time, then I have to get up and do something else. 

What I find is that this is actually good because while I'm doing a chore or playing with the dogs or taking a coffee break - I am also getting a mental break. My mind gets a break while I do some mundane chores, the mind wanders thinking about the project at hand and when I get back to the computer I am ready to go. Taking a break can also avoid making mistakes because when you get too much into the mode and your mind is not double checking your activities.  

Keeping records, using draft emails, using a daily schedule booklet and having an annual action plan to follow greatly eases the process of the day-to-day and year-end tasks.

 

Comments