Skip to main content

writing

-- Quote of the Day --

“…If I don’t write, things just don’t feel right. I love being immersed in words, I’ve always had an overactive imagination and find myself asking “what if…?”. Which can get me in trouble sometimes, I’ll send stuff to my agent and she’ll say ‘No-no, no’. (she giggles). …When I was first starting out as a writer the people around me were not very understanding. …It can be very difficult when you have to explain that you can’t bake 250 cupcakes for the PTA and you are in the middle of a book. …And I still get that after all this time - from family members even: ‘Well Michael’s home all day, sitting around doing nothing’ (she laughs). Re: Finding a balance: It is always a daily struggle for me; the meals suddenly become simple, and my hair is lucky to get combed and I may not shop for groceries as much as I should.
~ Michael West – Feb 3, 2009


This quote of the day was taken from an interview with Michael West on the Conscious Discussions talk radio show, Feb 3 2009 - in this interview we focused on The World of Writing. The archived interview is easily accessed by clicking on the hyper-links here or look to the right for a link to the show...

*Today is the 2nd of 3 days that I am supposed to be out of the office... an office holiday. I am still, obviously, maintaining the blog with brief daily bits of info... all will be back to normal on Tuesday. :)

Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca

Comments