Skip to main content

World of Writing, Interview #35


-- World of Writing Interview # 35 --

 Joining us today on the Brummet's Conscious Blog is our featured guest of 
the day: Teresa Morrow. She is an Editor at Large at WE Magazine for Women ™ (http://www.wemagazineforwomen),contributes a weekly post on  
Successful Blog titled, "Social Media Book List" and is a monthly blogger
for BookBuzzr (http://www.bookbuzzr.com). She combines her three passions: 
writing, reading and networking in her business, Key Business Partners, LLC. 
She manages online promotional campaigns for authors to ease the stress of 
doing it all by themselves.  Teresa is passionate about her work as she helps
bring her clients unique message to the world.  She is available for 20 minute
free consultation. Find Teresa @ Key Business Partners


Q: Did you take any writing classes?

A: No, I didn't take any writing classes, however, I have joined some writing
groups which helps to gain support, ideas and keep me accountable.

Q:  What are some of the tools you use for marketing?

A: There are several...my blog, social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), 
YouTube, guest blog posts and article marketing.

Q:  What are some of your favorite websites for writers?

A: Writers Digest - http://www.writersdigest.com

Authors Den - http://www.authorsden.com

Women on Writing - http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com

Writers Market - http://www.writersmarket.com


Q: How much time do you devote to marketing your book? And what kind of 
marketing do you recommend? 

A: My book(s) are not out yet, however, I am starting to market them now.
I am spending about 5 hrs a week marketing my book. I recommend authors 
and writers use the tools readily available to market; social media , blogging,
guest blogging, radio show interviews, book reviews and article marketing.

Q: Where do you hope to take your writing in the future? 

A: My plans are to write a few more business books and also a women's fiction
book as well. I would like to write more business books relating to different 
aspects to help writers and authors on their  journey with their books. I have
a 80% completed women fiction book based on a personal experience  where
the main character, Heather, finds true love with a man that her family and
friends don't approve of for various reasons--religion, race, age, just to name
a few. This book shares Heathers journey of not only finding true love with 
someone else, but finding love for herself to stand up for what she knows
is right. 

Q: What dreams have been realized as a result of your writing? Any special 
memories that you would like to share?

A: I love what I do---I get to work with writers and authors to help them spread 
the message of their books. And one of my books coming out in early 2011, is 
about sharing my knowledge about marketing/promotion for authors. This book 
will be a tool for me to use in future classes and programs for authors and 
writers. One of my books slated to be out Fathers Day 2011 has allowed me 
to strengthen my relationship with my dad, better than it has ever been. That
has been one of the best things that was come out of writing my upcoming
book, You are No Longer My Daughter!



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca
* Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or purchasing a book - each book sold raises funds for charity as well!


Comments