Skip to main content

bored? looking for something to do?



You may have seen that I have been posting helpful tips on Facebook for filling the time we now have on our hands productively and proactively. You'll see all kinds of interesting posts on my timeline, but book for March 18 and 24th when I encourage people to pick up a book, March 19 when I encourage people to clean their environments thoroughly... March 21st offers a fun craft idea and both the the 22nd  and 23rd offer fun, educational websites for kids. March 23rd and  March 27 offered fun hand shadow puppet information. I shared links to find tours, gardening videos, and literacy and learning resources here and here and here.

Now is a great time to start getting organized too. I started with organizing my computer... going through each folder and deleting old and unnecessary data and organizing the rest. I put all the photos I had in 2 giant folders and have already deleted the obviously poor quality and duplicates. I sorted out a few categories like garden/yard, pets, scenery, cookbook and memories... but didn't get too far with this as I still have my phone's photos to download. Dave and I already organized our 4-drawer file cabinet, and in doing this we got a huge amount of paper to recycle and shred for composting. Perhaps this is a good place for you to start too.  Taking the time now, when we have so much time, will pay off in the years to come as our lives will be so much less cluttered! 

I haven't yet had the time to follow up on most of the resources I've shared, but I would love to in the near future. There is so much there (see the links above) to explore, but time is, as always, constrained. For myself, being a homemaker and self-employed, my days have changed only a little so far with these crazy times. Meal planning and wifely duties are much more casual these days as I'm not working with my husbands schedule anymore. I'm usually doing spring cleaning and baking up a storm this time of year - however this year I've done so with much more commitment and enthusiasm. Every surface of every thing has been cleaned from inside every appliances and every cupboard, all the stuff that could be laundered, furniture and carpet shampooing, pet grooming, garage and yard cleaned, furnace filter replaced and more. 

Dave's home now, and he's been getting a lot done from spring chores to building a new asparagus bed, replacing the main bathroom's ceiling fan, installing a ceiling fan in the living room and working on our upcoming cook book, among many other things. 

I was late starting seeds for the garden and spent a frantic day in the first day of April taking care of that. Pruning and tending to the various chores around the yard took up a lot of time and the office duties from managing this blog and promotions for our books, media appearances... etc. Processing or using up foods from last year's harvests in an attempt to empty freezers so that I can defrost them... This all keeps me quite busy. 

At the same time... I'm tapping my fingers to explore the resources I shared earlier. I hope you too are able to find the time to check them out :)



~~

Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~


Comments