Skip to main content

Family Dynamics

"What Are Your Family Communications Like?"


Nina is an online friend of ours and she is quite familiar with our books, blogs... and my family history.


With her knowledge of that early broken family life, she asks: "What are your family communications like today?"


With a mix of various personalities preferring different modes of communication and our busy lifestyle - it can be a challenge to reach out to family members regularly. However Dave and I found a balance that works for us.


I found it an interesting question to respond to since my siblings and I only met my Aunt a couple times and were all on our own before the age of 16 and we were born about 5 years apart I think.


It wasn't until I was closer to 30 before we all started really putting some effort in reaching out. After my parents' took their lives around xmas, we all bonded over that and the family support was crazy amazing. Connection was strong for a few years, but faded out since then to a casual level.


I appreciate the personal question, which also addressed the difficulty of balancing entrepreneur duties and live interviews, with family communications.


Watch the 9.5 min response to Nina's question here: https://youtu.be/scZsYT1ytXA



~~~   

Follow the Brummet's & Find their  Books: 

Visit: 


~~~

Comments