Skip to main content

Writing Influences... or kinda influences?

My Writing Influences

Today's article was written by  Elise Smith. of : https://www.mynzdreamblog.com


I was asked recently, “who has influenced my writing?” 

I do have favourite authors such as Wilber Smith, Bryce Courtney, many true stories and dozens of poets that I adore, but I cannot say these people are the biggest influence on my writing.

I like these authors because they bring back nostalgia of my mother telling me stories about growing up in South Africa.  

I like true stories as it reminds me I am not alone on this journey of life and I am drawn to poetry for release and comfort.

What influences my writing are real life experiences, my own and others who have come through similar.  

Writing about my life and sharing it with the world in hopes of inspiring and encouraging others has helped me immensely on my healing journey.  

Writing my stories was like diving into the dark abyss, turning on-the-spot light, grabbing my demons around the throat, and diminishing any power or hold they had over me once and for all.

Along my path in life, I have met many people from all corners of the globe and different walks of life. I have met people who are hurting, people who are trapped in a place they do not want to be in, broken, and desperate people.

As I started to talk to people about my life, my challenges, and healing they told me that by sharing my story with them they realized they were not alone or the only one. This started their own healing journey and has even saved lives.

Writing, even if one never decides to publish is a release and can set you free. Writing and sharing my story has given others hope and inspiration. I have been able to turn what was meant to kill me into what has made me stronger and others who read my books stronger.

If you would like to write your story please visit my website for tips, ideas and help.




~~

Visit the Brummet's Main Website

Find them elsewhere online HERE 

~~





Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet