Skip to main content

Poetry Time


This next poem is excerpted from page 26 of the book Rhythm & Rhyme which you can find on Amazon, as part of the Playing In The Sandbox Of Words, poetry book series:








Rooted in this Life


When it comes to roots

I feel I have none…

For what roots have I?

A mix of mostly unknown

European ancestry.

A family of loners

Misfits are they and I.


A look around my home

Reveals a close relationship with nature

And native roots, a tribal theme

Appropriately enough – of unknown origin

Favoring purple, deep reds, 

greens, brown and blue

All colors of nature…


What roots have I?



* Written in December ’08 during another quiet moment where I look at the contradiction of wanting roots and being scared of having something to lose, of wanting to create a home that reflects myself without out knowing what that might be. 



© Lillian Brummet;  Rhythm & Rhyme





Comments