Skip to main content

Author Interview


World of Writing - Author Interview




Romance Adventure author Candace Robinson is also the manager of the Literary Dust Blog, as busy as she is she has agreed to drop in and offer some wonderful advice to fellow writers. 

When asked to tell us about herself, Candace tells me that she "spends her days consumed by words and hoping to one day find her own DeLorean time machine". 

Her life consists of avoiding migraines, admiring Bonsai trees and watching classic movies. 

She resides, with her husband and daughter, in Texas,"where it can be forty degrees one day and eighty the next". Check out her links below:



Q: How much time do you devote to marketing your book? And what kind of marketing do you recommend? 

A: Marketing is probably the hardest part of being an author. I generally do a lot of social media but have recently focused on using Instagram and TikTok. I have also done ads in the past and those are always hit or miss. But I have found the best marketing is word of mouth from reviewers.
 
Q: Where do you hope to take your writing in the future? 

A: I guess wherever it leads me. But the reason I write is because I have a story in my head that needs to be told or characters that want to be written. I would love for more readers to find my stories and just find something unique and different about them than what's currently on the market.
 
Q: What have you learned about working with a co-writer? 

A: I love co-writing, or at least with the right co-authors. I feel like when I co-write, I'm a bit more organized and our first drafts our more complete than when I do one on my own. It's also nice to bounce ideas off one another.

Q: Tell us about your journey to publication.

A: I started writing in 2017, but had wanted to write for years. Even when I was younger I wanted to be a movie screenwriter. I just kept pushing writing aside, saying I would eventually write, but then when a hard life experience came my way, I knew life was too short and I needed to just do it. So I did and haven't stopped yet.

Q: Who are your favorite authors? 

A: Brenna Yovanoff is one of my favorites because I love how her stories are different. They are full of character driven things which are my favorite as well as unique stories. I also really love Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series so much.


Q: Describe a typical writing day. 


A: Sometimes it's me staring at the screen for a while and other times it's me writing a chapter super fast. But I get the most writing done when my daughter is at school. I find summers a bit trickier when school is out so on those days, I sometimes wake up earlier. I also will occasionally listen to music beforehand to get me in the writing mood.



Q: What is the wisest thing anyone has said to you? 

A: You can't work with a blank page, and you definitely can't edit one. So I try to write something, even if it's a hot mess at first.

Q: Where do you get your plot concepts? 

A: I've had so much inspiration from things, whether it's been horror movies, romance movies, fairy tales, mythology. Anything and everything can inspire. I've even based it on real things that have occurred in my life.


~~

Visit the Brummet's Main Website

Find them elsewhere online HERE 

~~


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet