Skip to main content

Blogger Intervivew



Blogger Interview 

Today we are joined by Megan Slacido, who operates the Wildwoods Blog - She is here to share her blogging experiences and tell us more about her work. Megan explains that she resides in the "beautiful state of Alabama with my husband, CJ." and when asked what her life is like outside the office, she tell us: "When I'm not blogging, you can usually find me spending time with my family and friends or traveling with CJ". Megan invites today's readers to visit her at: Instagram.com/WildWoodReads



Q: When did you get the idea to launch your own blog?

A: I've debated over launching my own blog for years. In high school I considered starting a blog about nature and beauty products, but dirt kept getting in my make up. It just wasn't a good time. Then later on I realized that I could write about my passion for reading, and I've always loved to read in nature. I just wanted to capture the feeling I get from that. So that's how Wild Wood Reads came to be.


Q: Why does this blog matter so much to you?

A: I've always been a reader. It was as natural as breathing to me; and I want to share that love of reading with others. 




Q: What theme do you use on your blog?


A: I use a nature-based theme. I like to use a lot of greens and browns, and almost all of my pictures are taken outside. My favorite part about my theme is how it fluctuates with each season. In the summer, it tends to be brighter and more saturated, while in the winter it's more muted and cool toned. 




Q: What is your favorite task involved with your blog?

A: Outside of reading, I love the photography aspect. I'm obsessed with capturing the best shot possible. Plus, editing the photos is a lot of fun as well.


Q: What sort of networking have you done because of your blog?

A: I get to work with some amazing people because of Wildwood Reads. Part of my job is to read and review books, so I've talked to a number of authors. I also get to talk with other bloggers. It's so much fun to get to experience this community that has a similar passion!


Q: 
How much time do you dedicate to your blog?


A: I would say at least 25 hours a week. That's just on content creation. And I would spend more time if I had it. I don't really keep track of the networking side of things because I promote, mainly, with social media. In all honesty, I would be on social media even if I didn't have the blog. 



Q: What, in your opinion, should every new blogger know?

A: Give it time. ti takes time to build a following. Just relax and have fun.



~~

Visit the Brummet's Main Website

Find them elsewhere online HERE 

~~ 





Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet