Skip to main content

Poetry



Today's post offers a little taste of what is to be found in my 
first poetry book, Towards Understanding - this nervous ode to Dave  – my loving husband of 25 years - was written when we first met and thought about the seriousness of what was happening. This was no "for now" thing. This was real. ... and nervous, skittish me was feeling a load of emotions at the time.

http://brummetmedia.ca/store.html


I CARE


Who are you to disturb my inner thoughts?

To come here, innocently driving my fears away;

Creating new fears as the old ones fade?

Don’t go - but for God’s sake don’t stay.

Show yourself to me or just go away.

Your feelings are welcome here I think,

Wanting your smiles and tears;

And with you, I lose some fear.

Yet I try not to care.

I may not be able to stop the flow.

Gotta ask you to stop this but please don’t you go.

I am confused between my fears and you

To you, I am who I am.

Still you stay where you stand.

I fear I may enjoy this too much

Might not let go of your hand.

I’ll be strong, take it as it comes and enjoy our time.

Wait for the inevitable chime.

I’ll try not to push you away, I swear.

Nor will I show you too much.

Yet it is so hard not to believe in this.




~~

Visit the Brummet's @: http://BrummetMedia.ca

~~ 


Comments