Skip to main content

Poetry Time


This next poem is excerpted from page 82 of the book 
Towards Understanding 

...which you can find on Amazon, as part of the Playing In The Sandbox Of Words, poetry book series:





ME AND YOU


I anticipate your call

I follow the lights, as they pass,

Only to find, it’s not you - alas!

I wonder what could keep you.


What keeps you away from me?


I reach, I call, and you are not there.

On my knees, I beg you to show you care.

A token, a wink, a touch

Yet you do not hear my unspoken plea.

Dutifully, I patiently wait

For you to find time,

Time to decide our fate.

Never barking a claim,

Never do I complain,


Trying to give whatever it takes.

But honey, I hurt when you don’t call.

Tears well, and gritty feelings grind.

Afraid, I drown my tears in wine.

A voice whispers, “wasting time.”


Yet I wait here - giving room.

Hoping you need it too.

Do I build this up to be more than it is?

Yet I feel everything in your solitary kiss.

And I wait - following every light, as they pass by.


© Lillian Brummet; Towards Understanding









Comments