Skip to main content

Author Interview


-- World of Writing - Author Interview --

 
 

Joining us today we have a teenage author sharing her experiences, influences,
desires for her writing and more. Risha Chaurasia, is an teen author, blogger and literature advocate, who spreads positivity through her writing. . At age 14, she has published 2 novels:  TRUCE and Tales of Twinkling Tweens (published at age 11). 
Risha also writes a blog on instagram - Straight From My Pen. She is a strong advocate for reading among the youth on both national and international platforms as well. Click on the book titles above to find her 2 books, or visit her Amazon Central Page. Alternatively, drop in to her LinkTr.ee page: https://linktr.ee/RishaChaurasia




Q: Risha, what would you consider being your most interesting writing quirk?

A: My most interesting writing quirk is the fact that I can write anywhere, at any time. All I need is either a laptop or a pen and paper and I can write almost anywhere in this world.  However,  I also have days wherein I just can not write.


Q: What has been the most surprising thing you learned from creating your books?

A: Writing my books has allowed me to discover a new version of myself. They helped me discover and know a Risha I never knew. They have helped me get to know myself better and also helped me strengthen my relationships. TRUCE, in fact has helped me be a better friend. Earlier I thought that books only changed readers but they change authors too!


Q: How many books/stories have you written?

A: I have written 2 novels titled TRUCE and Tales of Twinkling Tweens which are available on Amazon. Apart from this I have written 8 plays and 25+ short stories.


Q: Outside of your circle of close friends and family members, who would you say was the one that stands out as far as helping you get where you are?

A: Definitely my followers and readers. I have a total following of 4.2 k on Instagram and my followers are my biggest inspiration. Their appreciation and sometimes criticism of my work helps me write better. And they hold a special place in my heart.


Q: 
What age group did you write for?

A: I write for young adults, teens and tweens. The reason for this is me being a teenager myself. And I believe that no one else can accurately  understand and depict teenage life better than a teen herself. My writing is relatable and provides an accurate depiction of a teens way of thinking and life.


Q: Did you find it difficult to choose the right language, images and writing style for reaching this age group?

A: No! Being a reader of this genre, I have a fair sense of the kind of language, and writing style teens prefer. And being a teen myself, it was not quite challenging to get the tone and narration. However, plotting and planning the novel was in fact challenging.


Q: How do you plan to promote this book (or series)?

A:  I plan on using social media as my asset for promotion. Technology allows me to reach readers across 7 seas and I plan on using this to my benefit.


Q: Is there anything in your book that is based on a real life experience?

A: Both my novels are in fact, fictionalized versions of real life experiences of me

and my friends. Most of the incidents and feelings depicted in these novels have been gone through by me and my close friends. However, the incidents have been indeed a little fictionalized.


Q: Why did you feel this book needed to be written? 

A: Being an avid reader myself, I often struggled to find books I could relate with and books that accurately depicted teens. Teens were primarily shown as carefree and rebellious in novels. Thus, to break this stigma and to spread a positive narrative towards teens I wrote TRUCE and Tales of Twinkling Tweens.


~~
 

Visit the Brummet's Main Website

Find them elsewhere online HERE 


~~






Comments