Skip to main content

poetry time



Poetry Time


Today we have the honour of featuring a Canadian poet (based in the Boundary Region of BC) - Dennis Thome.

 Initially I was a little confused as I could not find his Amazon Central page, however Dennis explained "my poetry and short story books are on Amazon under ' Denn Thome ' ." And of course as soon as I did a search on the individual book titles, I was able to find most of them that way. 

Those titles include: Tales of Canadian Rurality (short stories with a local twist), Kodah of the Bear People, The Journey of Hannah Sunrise (fantasy) and Other F Words (poetry). 

Interestingly because Dave and I once lived in the same region of BC, we have some mutual connections including the Grand Forks Writer's Guild. Dennis is a part of the Writing Out Loud group in the Boundary, who recently limited published an anthology based on The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. 



Untitled:

You said you would be right back

Last time I saw you at all

Waited I did for your smile

To return in that little while

Between nights closing

Daytimes arising

Right in between

Your footsteps returning

Your voice charming

Only to realize

It was a Flicker

Tapping hungry upon the wall

Of the room where

We shared our morning beverage

In a barrage of questions

Mostly about the weather

As I arose

Pounded upon the window

To away chase the Flicker

While awaiting

You once again

to return.






~~
 

Visit the Brummet's Main Website

Find them elsewhere online HERE 


~~


Comments