Skip to main content

Poetry Time




Today's poem was written by Elise Smith - a former nursing manager, author, blogger, busy mom... she manages a full schedule, that is for sure. Elise has has published 4 books, holds a creative writing diploma & contributes articles to this blog fairly often. . 
Elise invites our readers to connect via 
Facebook  or Instagram.


Downpour

Pitter, patter, trickle and pour,

Drip, drop, plop bouncing off my umbrella.

Splish, sploshing in the puddles,

BOOM, zap, crack!

The sky is alive and aglow,

Glaring me in the eye.

The howling gales blows through me, I lose my feet,

I land in a heap.

Soaked through to my shivering core,

More and more she pours.

I’d rather be sipping hot cocoa, warm and dry.

Than slipping and dripping, wet through.







Comments