Skip to main content

Blog Jog Day ! & Writer Interview #13



-- Quote of the Day --

"You can tell more about a person 
by what he says about others 
than you can by what 
others say about him."

~ Leo Aikman




-- BlogJog Day ! --


Thank you for stopping by my Blog!

Today is BlogJog Day – an event sparked by Carol Denbow the author of six books and editor of eleven blogs and websites. BlogJog Day is a special event that encourages people to explore blog sites they may not have been aware of before. As part of the obligation for participating in this we are to offer a couple of links for you to consider:

Please do enjoy and explore all that my blog has to offer, then jog on over to http://www.jeffreyballen.com
- and -

If you would like to find other blogs or find out more about this event, go to http://blogjogday.blogspot.com


-- Internet Service Issues --


Apologies to all who missed yesterday's Authors Read radio episode - we have been having Internet service issues with Shaw Cable all week long! - lol - Nothing worse than that for a writer! 

Today's episode of Authors Read features -  Ebony Haywood is a poet.  In 1996, her poem, "There Was Once a Potato," won first place in the Los Angeles branch of the NAACP ACT-SO poetry competition - and is now available as a childrens illustrated book. Join us to hear Ebony read from this work by clicking on the hyper-link above. Airs at 9:30 (pacific)


-- Do Good-Feel Good -

* Reprinted from WEBSITES, WISDOM, & WHIMSY, a free ezine published bimonthly by Self-Publishing Resources.  

Do good, feel good—donate your old tech equipment when you upgrade. The National Cristina Foundation and its grassroots network of partners will gladly accept your used computer, notebook, keyboard, printer, software, fax machine, monitor, mouse, etc., and channel them to an organization near you that needs them. For more than 25 years, this not-for-profit foundation has matched to charities, schools, and public agencies in all 50 states, Canada, and around the world. 



-- Writer Interview #13 --

Today we have poet Brittney Lake joining us to share her thoughts on poetry, and the publishing industry in general... 

Q: Are you happy and satisfied with your publisher?

A: I am very satisfied with my publisher. I’m a new author, and my publisher has been so helpful and patient.

Q: Would you self-publish?

A: I’m not that brave. I really don’t know much about the business. I’m a writer—not a publicist. I wouldn’t know where to begin.

Q: Do you feel like you can do more with poetry than prose?

A: I just feel like poetry is so powerful. I’m telling stories with just a few words. This makes each word more meaningful and important than they would be in many other forms of literary work.

Q: What is the main focus of your poetry work?

A: I think that many of my poems are focused around Black American heritage and lifestyles. I have poems that range from inspirational to sexual. They are about different subjects, but I’ve focused on what I know best, the Black American community.

Q: Do you still have the first piece you wrote?

A: Yes, it’s probably the only poem that I have memorized. It was a poem that I wrote almost ten years ago while I was in 8th grade.

Q: What is your typical workday like? 






A: I try to write in my journal every day, but I’m not always inspired to write poetry. I keep a journal with me at all times. There are times when I just sit on campus and watch students. I don’t really have any goals; however, when inspiration hits, I stop everything that I’m doing to write.
 


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows and free resources and more at: www.brummet.ca

Comments

  1. Thanks for creating such an interesting Blog, Lillian. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillian!

    Enjoyed your blog. Have a great day.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog - lots of things going on - you have an ecclectic blogroll too. Some of my friends are on there, so glad to see they get around - coming in from blog jog day by way of Yvonne's blog several clicks ago - lol. Signed up for your newsletter and am following you - E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series
    STATE OF WILDERNESS, now available
    STATE OF QUARRIES, now available
    STATE OF RESERVATIONS, coming May 2010
    STATE OF ALTITUDE, coming May/June 2010

    Where will the adventure take you next?

    http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
    http://www.junior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet