Skip to main content

Author Interview



World of Writing - Author Interview


J.A. Bryden is a self-published author of 2 books, so far, and co-hosts the Stories, The True and The Fictional podcast. Jamie tells me that he hails from "Greater Western Sydney, Australia". He has a number of projects on the go including a few with is co-author, Chris Park. Jamie primarily dabbles in historical fiction, fantasy and comedy genres, but likes to write in other genres too. One of his greatest joys is speaking with storytellers from around the world on his podcast... in fact he wants me to let our readers know that he is "very approachable, so don't be afraid to reach out"! Drop by Jamie's website: jabryden.godaddysites.com or visit him on Instagram or drop by Facebook
 

Q: Jamie - I'm so glad to feature you on our blog here today. You and I have networked for some time now, and so we have a pretty good idea as to the kind of person you are... however our readers may not. I'm sure we are all curious about where you are from, why don't we start there?

A: I'm from a small town in Australia called Bowen Mountain located on the Sydney side of the Blue Mountains. It's surrounded by a national park that I spent my childhood exploring.



Q: 
Wow that sound amazing! I'm sure it is quite beautiful You have a few nice nature pics on your social networking sites - it looks wild! (pun intended). 

So you have 2 books available now and I'm curious as to what motivated you to turn to writing, and what keeps you going.

A: I always have ideas for stories running around inside my head. Putting them on paper is the easiest way to get them out. 

I really enjoy the process of crafting a good story and, sometimes, creating my own worlds for those stories to take place in.


Q: There's a wide array of publishing options available now... what route did you choose when it comes to publishing your work?

A: I mostly self-publish but my first book, Letters From The Emu War, has been picked up by a publisher here in Australia. Exciting times ahead!


Q:  Fantastic! This will be an amazing journey for you. :) What has been the most surprising thing that you learned from creating your books?

A: Being quite new to writing, I was surprised to learn how much goes into publishing a book. Writing is only a fraction of the process. I was also quite surprised to learn how easy it can be to self-publish your books through Amazon and other platforms.


Q: Yes, that is very true. So you have 2 books available on Amazon, correct?

A: I have published 2 books and I have another 2 on the way. As I mentioned, I am new to writing, so I feel that I have only really dipped my toe in the waters - so to speak. Needless to say I will be writing many more stories in the future.



Q:
I know that feeling... the writer's mind overflowing with ideas for the future! :) 

Have you. had, and how did you handle, writer's block?


A: I haven't had much writer's block, but I always try to have a few projects going at once to avoid it. 

If I get stuck on one book, I can move onto another and come back to the first I get stuck on the second.




Q: Before we close this conversation, do you have any favorite quotes that you'd like to share with our audience?

A: Yes:

"You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream." 

~ C.S. Lewis


"Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity."

~ G.K. Chesterton 




~~~ 

 Discover Our Books on Amazon: https://amazon.com/author/lillianbrummet 

 Find us online via these landing pages: 



~~~ 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet