Skip to main content

Poetry Time


Today's featured guest is fellow Canadian author, Chantal Bellehumeur - who has 19 published books of various genres that you can find on Amazon.

Chantal has written in many different formats, genres and has experimented with many different venues from short stories, memoirs, poems to articles featured in compilation books, in eMagazines and her local newspaper. She invites our readers to visit her on FaceBook as well. 

"My poetry is different than most in the sense that it usually reads like a story. Leaf Angel which was inspired by my struggle with depression and how I turn my mood around. It was meant to be fun and inspiring. ...the picture is me making a leaf angel. I think I may have invented that. (lol)"




Leaf Angel


I hid my sadness behind a fake smile
raking coloured leaves into a neat pile.
I didn't know why I wanted to cry
On this nice fall day with a clear blue sky.
The tears just randomly crept up on me
but I thought it best not to set them free.

Thinking back to happy times as a child
I decided to have fun and go wild.
I looked at the big leaf pile I just made
and decided to act like a grenade.
Without a care in the world I jumped in 
instantly forgetting my chagrin.

I threw a bunch of leaves into the air
then let them fall into my face and hair.
The stern neighbours' reaction made me giggle
and I laughed more at the leaves' slight tickle.
In my new excitement I tripped and fell
But didn't care because I now felt well.

Turned on my back I tried to remember
Something else I did when I was younger.
Soon I recalled the snow angels I did
and relived my happy days as a kid.
I moved my straight arms and legs apart
then got up carefully to view my art.

I smiled at my beautiful leaf angel
feeling content after being playful.
This simple childish act helped me elude
the negative thoughts and reset my mood.
I was fit to face the rest of the day
convinced that I would truly be okay. 




http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008YX5YGK



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet