Skip to main content

A word from the authors





When revisiting the Beyond Common Business Secrets podcast, and my interview there with host Tracey Watts Cirino - I was struck by the discussion below about getting the best ROI out of marketing efforts. 


"At the end of every month I will glance at my spreadsheet – a 5 column spreadsheet containing the date, name, website, email and bullet notes. If I see anything marked blue - that says: hey you need to follow up on that person. 
At the end of the year though I go through that spreadsheet & I contact each and every one of those people, as many as 700 or more of these emails are going out. I have 3 draft emails prepared for this to ease the process and each will have a slightly different approach 

1) wishing you a prosperous new year, thank you for our previous interactions, let’s keep this going. 

2) you were a cold contact last year and I have not heard back from you so I’m following up on this query. Perhaps my email got lost in the busyness and chaos of life and so I’m reaching out one more time to see if there is a way for us to work together. 

3) hey we’ve had these great interactions together we’ve been networking for decades, I’ve really enjoyed working with you it has been awesome! -  I noticed that you have started a new podcast how would you like to come back on our blog for a podcast host interview

Even though I’m using the draft email, it doesn’t come across as spam I’m tweaking it for each contact so it feels like I’ve written it just for them, it is personal. My ROI is : I did all that work, found and reached out to those contacts – if I don’t follow up on that then that is such a waste of a whole year of work. By following up on them I receive 40-50% return on in regards to immediate – yes! Lets do ‘this’ together - and a few more responses trickle in over the next few months."







~~~   

Follow us & find our Books: 

Visit: 


~~~

 

Comments